Pathways Editorial Guidelines
We welcome blog post contributions from experts in pain, health and well-being. We currently have both paid and unpaid guest post opportunities available.
We are happy to pay for content where the writer is an expert in their field, have a track record in creating great content, and would be interested in contributing several posts.
The unpaid guest post opportunity is better suited to those who would like to build their writing portfolio, add value to the pain community, and where contributions will be one-off or irregular.
We cover all things pain. Some of our key topics include:
- Pain psychology
- Pain science
- Evidence-based pain treatments
- Well-being when dealing with pain
- Pain recovery stories
- Pain patient advocacy
All editorial content must meet the following standards:
Current: Presents up-to-date information, including the latest research, news, and recent developments in the field.
Objective: Presents a balanced view of an issue, when one or more alternative views exist. Authors’ financial disclosures and any potential conflicts of interest must be reported and published in the author bio.
Original: All content must be original material.
Relevant: Submissions must present clinically relevant information that can help both patients and medical practitioners manage chronic pain conditions.
Scientifically Sound: All studies mentioned should be hyperlinked to the source (where available). You should also include a references section with AMA Style citations.
Linking Policy: External links are allowed to credible and established organizations such as governmental, educational and globally recognized news sources. If the post is an unpaid guest post, you are allowed one link to your personal page/business within your author bio.
Word count: A minimum of 1000 words. In-depth guides can be several thousand words.
- Please ensure the final draft you send us is error-free.
- All submissions must be submitted via Google docs. Please change link sharing settings so that ‘Anyone with the link can edit’. This helps us share feedback. This should be sent to [email protected], cc’ing [email protected] Please use the title ‘PW Contribution: Post Name. This helps us to filter out spam guest post requests.
- If you would like to be considered as a paid writer, along with your credentials, please quote your cost per word.
- Submissions must include the name, title/affiliation (shown besides your name), a brief bio (approx 150 words) and headshot image.
- Submissions will be reviewed by the editorial staff before being accepted for publication.
- Feel free to add images to your post. If you’re unable to, we’ll take care of that.
Thank you for your interest!